Upcoming Events At This Venue
December 9, 2019
A Tactical Games Approach to Teaching and Learning Sport: Reflections and Advice
Presented by Linda Griffin, PhD, Professor of Sport Pedagogy, College of Education at the University of Massachusetts
Monday, Dec. 9, 2019, 6:30 p.m.
Flynn Campus Union, Cleveland E. and Phyllis B. Dodge Room
Join us for a presentation by Linda Griffin, PhD, in which she will highlight the Teaching Games for Understanding (TGFu) model and how students learn best if they understand what to do before they understand how to do it. She will:
• Share her beliefs about sport as content in physical education,
• Share her games teaching and learning journey,
• Provide an overview of the major features of a tactical approach,
• Provide an overview of the key pedagogical principles of the approach, and
• Offer her reflections and advice for implementing this pedagogical approach.
For the past 28 years, Griffin’s area of research and scholarly interests have focused on a games-centered approach to teaching and learning sport-related games. She co-authored the renowned Teaching Games for Understanding: Theory, Research, and the book, Practice, and Teaching Sport Concepts and Skills: A Tactical Games Approach for Ages 7 to 18.
This event is free and open to the public.
For questions or more information, contact Kathy Mangano at firstname.lastname@example.org or (413) 748-3147. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in this event, contact Linda Dubois at email@example.com or (413)-748-3399 to discuss your accessibility needs.